A tip from your favorite nurse
(that’d be me)
Always have eggs in your fridge
You just never know when someone will split their head open
Or cut their finger while cooking
And so on
See that membrane there?
While the blood is gushing - hold pressure and crack open an egg
Peel that there membrane off and put it on the wound (continue holding pressure)
The membrane will harden and keep the wound closed until you can get to the ER for stitches
If you even need them that is
Nature: 1, Band aids: 0
I did some research on this (because I do that now, fucking science get out) and it seems that this was done in the early 1900s somewhat frequently. It was used as a way to treat just about any kind of skin wound, from burn to cut to in at least one case an ulcer. It actually helps the wound heal not by preventing blood loss but by replacing part of the skin tissue and helping it grow.
It also helps in healing scars and reducing their visibility.
Also, if you have a splinter, smack one of these things on there and it will draw it out of your skin. No more shitting around with pliers.
it will also suck the poison stuff out of mosquito bites and stop them from being itchy
woaaah i didnt know!! awesome stuff :D
Did not know the mosquito bite or splinter thing! EGGS—IS THERE ANYTHING THEY CAN’T DO?
They cant fix the economy
A tool that I’ve found is really handy is a called the Cash Clock. It’s a simple program that measures both the time that you’re working on a piece as well as how much money you should be earning. You can adjust the hourly wage to whatever you feel is right. Simply start the clock whenever you begin working on a project right up until you’re finished. It can give you a clear indication of what you should charge for commissions.
No artist should make below minimum wage for their artwork.
The Cash Clock is found as a download here.
- un-disgruntle yourself
- comfort someone
- be comforted
- go to a quiet place
- press a magic button and fix everything
- get a hug
- see something cute
- hear rain noises
- play cute games
- cut something/someone (blood)
- break something
- open a window
- have a guided relaxation
- listen to nature sounds (or here)
- do nothing for 2 minutes
- play the piano
- make cute ecards
- make cool music (ex.)
- get an idea for what to do
- avoid boredom
- watch a dream
- have a stickman adventure
DIY cake/Pumpkin Pie ‘Postcard”
This is adorable if you want to send a distant loved one a cute personalized message if you can’t be with them for the Thanksgiving holiday, a birthday etc!
- DIY Cake Postcard Tutorial (with video tutorial)
- Pumpkin Pie Postcard
- I suggest you watch the video tutorial to get clear instructions
- Keep in mind, where the ‘postcard’ message goes there is only room for one short sentence, address, and stamps
Not into DIY/Crafts? Fear not! You can still have your cake and eat it, too. Check out this Etsy shop where you can purchase your very own mailable slice of cake.
Halloween tip / Breaking Bad Marathon serving idea
If you don’t know how to use torrents, message me and I’ll be glad to help you :) (It’s really really easy, trust me!) [Edit: brief explanation here, but if you want to know more, just ask me]
Also, for the full Merlin experience:
[note: if the link is crossed out, it means I can’t find the file anymore. if you have a link please contact me, thanks!]
► Season 1:
~ Making of/BTS: youtube.
~ Children In Need 2008: youtube.
► Season 2:
~ Secrets & Magic: all 13 episodes torrent.
~ Introduction to season 2: youtube.
~ Children In Need 2009: youtube.
► Season 3:
~ Children In Need 2010: youtube.
► Season 4:
~ Storyboards: youtube
► Season 5:
~ Storyboards: episodes 1-3
* All episodes are in English, no subs. If you need any, maybe I can help you find them, though :)
* Let me know if there is something missing or if there are any mistakes and I’ll fix them right away.
* You can find every episode here directly (especially useful if ThePirateBay is blocked in your country, or for your bookmarking pleasure :)).
Harry Potter Treats
a really excellent way to reduce anxiety is to pick up a new hobby. find something you’re interested in, learn it, then use it as a healthy and productive way to cope.
- learn to play guitar
- learn how to make interactive stories with the free program Twine
- learn how to make pixel art
- learn another language
- learn how to build a ship in a bottle
- learn how to develop your own film
- learn how to embroider
- learn how to make chiptunes (8-bit music)
- learn how to make origami (the art of paper folding)
- learn how to make tumblr themes
- learn how to make jewelry
- learn how to make candy
- learn how to make terrariums
- learn how to make your own perfume
- learn how to make your own tea
- learn how to build birdhouses
- learn how to read tarot cards
- learn how to make zines
- learn how to code
- learn how to whittle (wood carving)
- learn how to make candles
- learn how to make clay figurines
- learn how to knit scarves
- learn how to become an amateur astronomer
- learn some yoyo tricks
- learn how to start a collection
- learn how to start body building
- learn how to edit wikipedia articles
- learn how to decorate iphone cases
- learn how to do freelance writing
- learn how to make your own cards and
- learn how to make your own envelopes
- learn how to play the ukulele
- learn how to make gifs
- learn how to play chess
- learn how to juggle
- learn how to guerrilla garden
- learn how to chart your family history
- learn how to keep chickens
- learn how to do yoga
- learn how to do magic
- learn how to raise and breed butterflies
- learn how to play dungeons & dragons
- learn how to skateboard
- learn how to do parkour
- learn how to surf
- learn how to arrange flowers
- learn how to make stuffed animals